If you are looking into remodeling or updating your bathroom, don’t forget about your shower or bathtub. Your bathtub or shower is an essential part of your bathroom, and you want it to look and function in the best way possible. That is why you need to determine whether you want a glass bathtub enclosure or a shower curtain for your bathroom. Learn more below.
PROS AND CONS OF SHOWER CURTAINS
Shower curtains are one way of separating your shower or bathtub from the rest of your bathroom. There are both good and bad aspects to shower curtains. Check out some of the pros and cons below to help you decide if a shower curtain is right for you.
Advantages of a shower curtain:
- Cost – Choosing to use a shower curtain in your bathroom is initially cheaper than glass. It is less expensive to buy a shower curtain and rod than install a glass bathtub enclosure. However, it is important to remember that you will have to replace your shower curtain more frequently than you would have to replace a glass bathtub enclosure. That means a shower curtain could end up costing you more than you think.
- Unique Style – A shower curtain can add unique color and style to your bathroom. You can get a shower curtain with bright colors or interesting patterns, that can liven up your bathroom décor.
- Accessibility – Shower curtains can easily be removed or moved to the side to offer you great accessibility to your bathtub or shower.
While there are advantages to choosing a shower curtain, there are some not so great factors as well. One con of using a shower curtain is the fact that shower curtains are difficult to clean and keep clean. Shower curtains can easily collect mold and mildew, which can be difficult to get rid of. Another disadvantage of using a shower curtain is that toxins contained in PVC shower liners can cause health concerns. Additionally, when you use a shower curtain, it can blow inward and stick to your body as you are trying to shower.
A shower curtain may be right for your bathroom, but it might not be. Check out the pros and cons of a glass bathtub enclosure below to help you decide.
PROS AND CONS OF GLASS BATHTUB ENCLOSURES
There are a lot of things to think about if you are choosing between a shower curtain and a glass bathtub enclosure. Carefully consider the pros and cons of a shower enclosure below before you make a final decision.
Advantages of Glass Bathtub Enclosures:
- Stylish – A glass bathtub enclosure is more stylish and high-end than a shower curtain. A glass enclosure offers you a clean, modern, and minimal look for your bathroom. A glass enclosure can also make your bathroom feel larger because of the transparent nature of glass.
- Easy Cleaning and Maintenance – Glass bath or shower enclosures are also usually not as difficult to clean as a shower curtain. Shower curtains can easily collect mold and mildew, which can be hard to remove, but a glass enclosure can simply be wiped down with glass cleaner, and it is as good as new.
- Less Water on the Floor – With a shower curtain, it is easier for water to escape your shower, and shower curtains can drip water on your bathroom floor. However, a glass door will keep the water on the inside of your shower or bathtub. You will have less water splashing because the glass enclosure can do a better job of containing it.
As you can see, there are some significant advantages to choosing a glass bathtub enclosure, but there are some disadvantages as well. One of these disadvantages is cost. Upfront, a glass enclosure will cost more than a shower curtain. However, you may decide that it is worth it in the long run.
Enclosure offers you a clean, modern, and minimal look for your bathroom. A glass enclosure can also make your bathroom feel larger because of the transparent nature of glass.