If your current bathroom lacks the style or function you want in your home, you should consider a bathroom remodel. Bathrooms are a vital space in your home, and you deserve a bathroom that functions in the way you need it to. For example, if you spend a lot of time in the bathroom getting ready for work, you want to be sure you have sufficient space. If you like to relax with a hot bath after a long day, you need the right size and style bathtub.
Don’t continue to settle for a bathroom that isn’t working for you! Add style, function, and value to your home with a gorgeous bathroom remodel. But, wait! Before you can jump into a bathroom remodeling project, there are some important things to consider. Check them out below.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER BEFORE TAKING THE PLUNGE INTO BATHROOM REMODELING
Before you start your bathroom remodel, you should take some time to really ponder your needs, wants, and the function you are looking for in your new bathroom. You must think about some of the logistics before you can get to the fun part of adding stylish design touches. Check out some of the most important considerations for your bathroom remodel below.
- Layout and Functionality – First things first, you need to think about your space. If you are planning a complete bathroom remodel, that means something isn’t working for you the way it is. Maybe the layout of your current bathroom is not very user-friendly, or perhaps your bathroom is lacking something you really need or want. If that is the case, you must think about how you want your bathroom to function as you come up with a layout for your new bathroom. For example, if you are the type of person that always showers and hates baths, but you have a shower and a bathtub in your bathroom, that is probably not the best use of space. Think about your needs, and plan the best way to make them happen.
- Plumbing – The next factor to consider is the plumbing. While you probably won’t be doing the plumbing yourself, moving plumbing can incur significant costs If you are looking to change the layout of your bathroom entirely, you probably have to make some significant changes to the plumbing; whereas if you are keeping a similar configuration, you may only require cosmetic changes. Plumbing can be a cost that adds up fast, so you want to be sure you are consulting an expert before making any permanent plans for plumbing placement.
- Lighting – Another big factor in your bathroom is the lighting. Similar to the plumbing, you can use what you have, but if you want to make significant changes, you should look into the cost of hiring an electrician.
- Flooring – What kind of flooring is in your dream bathroom? While you want to ensure you get what you want, you should also think about functionality and ease of cleaning.
- Shower or Bathtub Enclosure – Next up on the list is your shower or bathtub. First, you need to decide if you want a shower, bathtub, or both. Realistically think about what you use on a regular basis. If your bathroom is small, and you don’t use a bathtub, you can save space by creating a beautiful shower enclosure. When you are considering your shower or bathtub enclosure, you also want to think about the value it can add to your home. For example, a glass shower enclosure or glass bathtub doors are seen as more high-end and can add more value to your home than a shower curtain.
- Storage Space –After you have considered all of the major factors of your bathroom remodel, you can start to think about the smaller details like storage space and design elements. Many people complain about lack of storage in their bathroom; if you are one of those people, you should come up with ways to create what you need in terms of storage. Do you want to add cabinets or shelving? Whatever you decide, be sure it fits into your remodel plan.